The Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense Outreach Initiative offers YMCA memberships to eligible military families and personnel who may not have access to a nearby military facility. Eligible military families and personnel include:
- Family member of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty families who live in one of the selected Joint Bases created by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process (contact Military OneSource for a list of eligible Joint Bases)
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families as approved by their Military Service Headquarters
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Note: Eligibility is for Title 10 personnel only.
- The Department of Defense will underwrite memberships at participating YMCA's for an initial six-month period for each eligible family and service member. Membership renewals in subsequent six-month intervals (up to 12 or 18 months depending on eligibility) will be funded based on military family's or service member's ability to meet the participation requirement of 8 visits to a YMCA each month.
To receive membership benefits from the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, eligible military families and personnel should follow these steps:
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or call 800-342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the Henry County YMCA for verification.